Brand Cialis is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and male impotence.
Developed by Lilly Pharmaceuticals, Brand Cialis is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor which boosts the blood flow in to the penis, helping to achieve and maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. However, sexual stimulation is required as an erection will not occur just by taking Brand Cialis.
The effect can last for up to 36 hours, with fewer side effects than Viagra and Levitra, and can be used daily, so increasing spontaneity. Brand Cialis can be used on a daily basis, although you do not have to, and 66% of users prefer Brand Cialis to Viagra.
Method of Use
It is recommended by Lilly Pharmaceuticals that Brand Cialis is taken orally at least 30 minutes prior to sexual activity, and its effect will last for up to 36 hours. Brand Cialis can be taken daily or as and when required.
For use as and when required: take Brand Cialis, orally, at least 30 minutes prior to sexual activity, in consultation with and as directed by your doctor. Should you miss a dose but intend to engage in sexual activity, take Brand Cialis as soon as you are able to, and then continue as instructed.
For use daily: take Brand Cialis one a day, at approximately the same time each day, in consultation with and as directed by your doctor. Should you miss a dose, take Brand Cialis as soon as possible. However, if it is close to the time for your next dose, avoid the missed dose and then revert back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at the same time.
Lilly Pharmaceuticals have advised that you consult your doctor prior to consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice whilst using Brand Cialis.
Brand Cialis is to be stored at room temperature, between 59°F and 86°F (15-30°C), in its original container, away from heat, light and moisture.
It must not be stored in the bathroom. The product must be kept out of the reach of children and pets at all times. Any medication that is out of date should be disposed of safely (any pharmacist will be able to advise you on disposal instructions).
It is recommended by Lilly Pharmaceuticals, the official manufacturer of Brand Cialis that these advise notes are followed, and that to be aware that Brand Cialis is not suitable for everyone. Consult your doctor at all times regarding any medical conditions and proposed sexual activity so that they can decide if Brand Cialis is the right medication for you. Brand Cialis should not be taken if you are using any nitrate-based drug for chest pain or heart conditions, and should not be taken if you are using any recreational drugs, alternative medications for erectile dysfunction, or any of the following:
- nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Nitro-Bid, Minitran, Deponit, Transderm-Nitro);
- isosorbide dinitrate (Dilatrate-SR, Isordil, Sorbitrate);
- isosorbide mononitrate (Imdur, ISMO, Monoket);
- amyl nitrate or nitrate (“poppers”);
- a blood thinner, such as Warfarin (Coumadin), or alpha-blockers;
- cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB);
- antibiotics, such as erythromycin (E-Mycin, Eryc, Ery-Tab) or clarithromycin (Biaxin);
- doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), terazosin (Hytrin);
- HIV medication, such as amprenavir (Agenerase), tipranavir (Aptivus), darunavir (Prezista), efavirenz (Sustiva), nevirapine (Viramune), indinavir (Crixivan), saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase), lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra);
- any antifungal medication, such as itraconazole (Sporanox) or ketoconazole (Nizoral);
- carbamazepine (Tegretol), Phenobarbital (Luminal) or phenytoin (Dilantin); or
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane) or rifabutin (Mycobutin).
Should you take Brand Cialis with any nitrate-based drug, it may cause a critical decrease in blood pressure which will lead to fainting, a stroke or a heart attack. Before you take Cialis, it is advised that you contact your doctor if you are suffering from:
- heart disease or heart rhythm issues;
- a recent history of heart attack (within 90 days);
- angina (chest pain);
- high or low blood pressure;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease or if you are on dialysis;
- a blood cell disorder, such as sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma or leukaemia;
- a bleeding disorder, such as haemophilia;
- a stomach ulcer;
- retinitis pigmentosa (an inherited eye condition);
- a physical deformity of the penis, such as Peyronie’s disease; or
- instructions from a medical professional advising against sexual activity and intercourse for health reasons.
If you have a condition that could cause long-lasting erections, i.e. sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma (a cancer that affects the cells in bone marrow), leukaemia, a genital condition or deformity, i.e. Peyronie’s disease, a bleeding disorder, a stomach ulcer or retinitis pigmentosa (an inherited eye condition), it is advised that Brand Cialis is used with extreme caution. If an erection lasts for more than 4 hours, seek medical treatment immediately, otherwise permanent damage or impotence may occur.
Avoid drinking excess alcohol (to levels of intoxication) whilst taking Brand Cialis as this may increase the chance of suffering dizziness or low blood pressure. Lilly Pharmaceuticals advise that back ache and muscle ache have been reported, sometimes experienced at a later time. On occasions, it has been reported that men taking PDE5 inhibitors (oral erectile dysfunction medication, including Brand Cialis) have experienced a sudden decrease or loss of vision or hearing. It is not known whether these occurrences are directly linked to the medication or are caused by other factors. Should either a sudden decrease or loss of vision or hearing occur, cease taking Brand Cialis and seek medical treatment immediately.
Brand Cialis does not protect you against any sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV, and it is recommended that additional protection against these diseases is sought.
Potential Side Effects
Lilly Pharmaceuticals, the official manufacturer of Brand Cialis, advise that some people may experience some side effects whilst taking Brand Viagra. These are usually mild and should last no longer than a few hours. Possible side effects include:
- facial flushing;
- upset stomach;
- stuffy or runny nose; and
- back pain and muscle ache.
Please note that the above list is not complete and other side effects may occur. The side effects usually disappear after a few hours. If you experience back pain or muscle ache, usually within 12-14 hours after taking Cialis, these symptoms should disappear after 48 hours. Should any other side effects happen or do not disappear over 12 to 48 hours, consult your doctor as soon as possible.